Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Yervant in Toronto!

Last week I had the opportunity to attend a seminar given by one of the best wedding photographers in the world. His name is Yervant, and the seminar was entitled, "Dancing with the Bride and Groom." It's definitely worth checking out his site, he's one of my sources of inspiration.

The seminar was held in downtown Toronto, and we had an amazing time!! We discussed business, presentation, and most importantly, working with the bride and groom. One of our gracious hosts, Judy, supplied us with two real people to take on location to photograph. It's so important to work with real people, rather than models, since all of our brides are "real" people!

Yervant took our bride and groom outside, and demonstrated how he typically conducts a shoot. What fun!! Having the opportunity to watch the master work is magic is amazing. Seriously, I realize that most of you have never heard of Yervant, but he is like the Brad Pitt of photography (minus the looks - sorry Yervant!), he's just an absolute wonder with his camera.

Below are some images I shot during our session, the rest can be seen here.




Bring on the long veils ladies, I LOVE 'em!!



If I've already shot your wedding, you'll know that I love to lay on the ground or climb things to get that perfect shot! Looks like this crazy Australian guy feels the same way!


It was also a day to network and mingle with several other wedding photographers, we love talking shop!


And finally, me with the man himself, thanks for an awesome day Yervant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home